Just Saying – LOL
Ever think about how certain phrases are redundant in their meaning. I’m not talking about oxymorons. That’s another article I’m working on.
I’ve put together a quick list of my top 10:
- Tuna Fish – As in a tuna fish sandwich. We already know tuna is a fish. You don’t say: I’d like a chicken fowl sandwich, or a ham pig sandwich, do you? So why say tuna-fish?
- Perfect Circle – In order for the geometry to become a circle, it must be perfect. As in all points are an equal distance from the center.
- End Result – Like, is there any other way? If you are adding numbers, or say, building a bridge. The final product is the end result, right?
- True Facts – There are no false facts, are there? Just ask the multitude of fact checkers.
- False Lies – Kinda ties in with the true facts, right?
- Past History – Okay now, is there a future or present history?
- Future plans – Again, as with past history, there are only future plans.
- Free Gift – It wouldn’t be possible to pay for a gift now, would it? Then it would no longer be a gift.
- Basic Fundamentals – Let’s go back to the fundamental strategy of the plan. Basics!
- Added Bonus – This one kind of goes on its own.
CHAT generated response.
I asked the CHAT GPT feature to come up with a top ten list. Here is what I got
- ATM machine – The “M” in ATM stands for “machine,” so saying “ATM machine” is redundant.
- PIN number – The “N” in PIN stands for “number,” so saying “PIN number” is redundant.
- HIV virus – The “V” in HIV stands for “virus,” so saying “HIV virus” is redundant.
- LCD display – The “D” in LCD stands for “display,” so saying “LCD display” is redundant.
- ISBN number – The “N” in ISBN stands for “number,” so saying “ISBN number” is redundant.
- UPC code – The “C” in UPC stands for “code,” so saying “UPC code” is redundant.
- GPS system – The “S” in GPS stands for “system,” so saying “GPS system” is redundant.
- RAM memory – The “M” in RAM stands for “memory,” so saying “RAM memory” is redundant.
- DSL line – The “L” in DSL stands for “line,” so saying “DSL line” is redundant.
- PDF format – The “F” in PDF stands for “format,” so saying “PDF format” is redundant.
I hope you enjoyed this little exercise in redundancy talk.
Send me your top ten list
Rick Zepp for Retirement Life